This ritual is one that you develop with time, this is my full version. It is one of my favorite times of the day to indulge in taking care of myself and awaken my senses, before I cater to my daily obligations. 20 minutes is all you need.
- Clean your tongue with a tongue scraper.
- Oil Pulling; with Organic Coconut or Sesame oil, start with ½ to 1 tbs for 10-15 minutes (can be done during your shower or while you prepare breakfast).
- Brush your teeth
- Clean the nasal passages using a Netti Pot with slightly salted distilled or purified room temperature water.
- Finish with a drop of sesame oil in each nostril with a dropper or the tip of your finger, you can blow your nose to remove excess.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm lemon or chlorophyll water.
- Massage your body with warm sesame or coconut oil (1 to 2 ounces). Leave at least 20 minutes on the skin. You can practice Yoga/meditation during this time.
- Yoga, breathing and meditation;
- Practice yoga postures such as sun salutations for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Breathing exercises 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meditate with a mantra for 15 minutes to start your day, and create your intentions.
- Take a shower.
You can interchange the order above to accommodate your preferences
For example, it is often more convenient to perform an oil massage before showering.
Since you must keep the oil on the body for at least 20 minutes, this is an ideal time to begin your yoga and meditation session.